Pastor, writer, and social entrepreneur, Greg serves as the founder and lead pastor at Veritas City Church in Washington, DC.
Founded September 2017, Veritas City Church exists to make disciples who live on mission. This common mission uniquely manifests itself in three different lanes for Veritas City Church— church planting, compassion, and creativity.
Veritas City Church is working to plant it’s first 2 churches by 2020 in Washington, DC and in Boston.
Veritas City Church is working to start a 501c3 non-profit coffeehouse that provides transitional employment to homeless men, women, and teenagers with the goal of re-socializing, providing job skills training, and further long-term employment opportunities.
Veritas City Church seeks to champion goodness, truth, and beauty by developing the Goodness Institute of Washington, DC. The Goodness Institute will step into the fields of aesthetic and apologetic theology.
Previously, Greg was an executive elder and the family ministries pastor at Foothills Church in Knoxville, TN, overseeing the crib through college life-stage teams. Under his leadership at FC, the student ministry team witnessed a tremendous response growing from 6 teenagers to over 400 teenagers and 100+ volunteers in the 7-years. The kids ministry team at FC under his leadership developed 3 different life-stage ministries and oversaw 150+ volunteers and hundreds of families.
Greg also founded Veritas Lit in January 2016. Veritas Lit exists to create gospel-centered resources for the good of the local church. The goal of VL is to send out 1 million resources all over the world by 2030.
Greg is the author of:
- (forthcoming, summer 2019) Risk, Rest, Repeat: A Full Life In the Enjoyment of God
- (forthcoming, spring 2019) Passion, Posture, Pursuit: A Biblical Manhood Primer
- (forthcoming, fall 2018) The Disciple-Making Family Ministry: Leading Parents, Volunteers, and Students Through the Life-Stages
- (forthcoming, winter 2018) Married Different: A Short (but needed) Conversation on Preparing for a Life-Long Marriage (that honors God)
- Date Different: A Short (but honest) Conversation on Dating, Sex & Marriage for Teenagers (and their parents) (2015)
- Building a Marriage Culture: Renewal in the Ruins (co-editor and contributor) (2015)
- Reformational Manhood: Creating a Culture of Gospel-Centered Warriors (2013)
Greg’s writing has appeared at The Gospel Coalition, the Council on Biblical Manhood & Womanhood, Gospel-Centered Discipleship, the Journal on Biblical Manhood & Womanhood, Outreach Magazine, Answers Magazine, and more.
Greg speaks all over the country at conferences, trainings, and other events.
He is currently finishing a doctorate in leadership at Southern Seminary. He received a M.Div. in Biblical and Theological Studies from SBTS, and a B.A. in Biblical Studies from Boyce College.
He resides in Georgetown; Washington, DC with his wife, Grace, and their two children–Cora and Iver.